Get familiar with those faces!

 

Howdy!
I wanted to share with you a bit of my design progress for my, dare I say, main characters.
Nothing is yet decided, but I still like a lot about what I've already done. I will add things like bags, accessoires, tattoos and scars as well.

In this post I will just share a tiny bit about the characters, since … well some of the fun of reading a comic is to get to know the characters and some secrets will always be hidden somewhere :)



 The whole party next to eachother, for hight-references.


So let us begin with Emeray.
I had a lot of fun with her  
birthmarks.
She is a spunky trans drow  
elf.
Her being trans will be  
addressed in the comic, but it  
will not be a huge plott deal,  
that's why I don't feel bad  
about telling you this about  
her (and I also already added the trans flag on the group picture at the bottom of this pose.)

You can see that her first design was a lot more feminin than the following.
Honestly I just liked her having short hair, but I also liked the idea that you don't have to look feminen if you are a trans woman, so she probably will stay pretty tomboyish.
In the group she acts as a fighter in close range combat, even though she has a mount on which she can ride, but that is for another day.
I'm still working on her outfit, but I like the one at the bottom best, we will see.
Her body type will be long, thin like a blade and it was very important for me that she has a long nose, even though you can't yet see that super clear in the drawings.

 



Next up is Taliesin. (No, not from Critical role!)

Taliesin… he is just such a pretty boy™.  

I believe his hairstyle will maybe change over time in the story, because  

1. I can't decide what looks better and  

2. he will try different things for himself.

 

You also can notice that I changed his ears in the coloured version, I am not sure if it will stick, it is easier to draw, but he looks a bit too elfy for my taste.

Fun fact: after Ahmya, he is the smallest in the gang. I find that very funny ^^

I'm still thinking if he should rather wear wide pants or a skirt.  

We will see what time brings. 



 

Let's move on to Nerris. She might not seem like it, but I would consider her the protagonist of mirage, at least the beginning. I am crazy jealous about her beautiful locks and if this would be a self insert story, I would probably be her. 

 

 

 


Next we have Duncan. He changed the most from his first design.I wasn't super sure if I wanted to make him a human or a dwarf, now he is a human with some dwarfish ancestors.  



 

When drawing him I went for Berret vibes (a character from Final Fantasy VII (the Remake)). He is supposed to be very grumpy and frightening looking, but it was very important that he would have a hood.  




 

 

Lastly we have Ahmya.
Aren't they just the cutest? So, big surprise, they are non binary. I really really like their design and it stayed pretty consistent, no hair and this little gap between the teeth. I love that in people/ characters, it's so adorable. Still thinking about whether they would be better off as a gnome or a halfling (yes, I know, very dnd of me). Honestly, I think I just want them to be the biggest cinnamon roll ever.

 

 




Comments